Gemstone rollers and Gua sha tools are popular beauty tools that can be used to promote relaxation, reduce inflammation, and improve circulation.
Here are some general guidelines for using Beautitionary gemstone rollers/Gua Sha on the face, neck, and body:
Using a Gemstone Roller:
- Start with clean, moisturized skin. You can apply a facial oil or serum to help the roller glide smoothly over the skin.
- Begin at the center of the face and roll outward, using gentle pressure. Use the larger end of the roller for the forehead, cheeks, and neck, and the smaller end for the around-eye area.
- Roll in an upward and outward motion, moving from the center of the face toward the hairline, and from the center of the neck toward the collarbone.
- Use the roller on each side of the face for several minutes, focusing on areas of tension or puffiness.
Using a Gua sha:
- Start with clean, moisturized skin. You can apply a facial oil or serum to help the Gua sha tool glide smoothly over the skin.
- Hold the Gua sha tool at a 15-45 degree angle and begin at the center of the face, using gentle pressure.
- Use long, sweeping motions to glide the tool along the skin, moving in an upward and outward direction. Use the curved side of the tool for the cheeks and forehead, and the flat side for the neck and under-eye area.
- Use the tool on each side of the face for several minutes, focusing on areas of tension or puffiness.
- To release the stress and anxiety of a day from your body, find the spot your eyebrow start, gently push your Gua Sha for a second and glide it over the eye to temples.
When using these tools on the body, the general principles are the same – start with clean, moisturized skin and use gentle pressure to promote circulation and relaxation.
Focusing on areas of tension or soreness.
As with any new skincare or wellness routine, it’s important to listen to your body and stop if you experience any discomfort or pain.
You can find your natural face and eye serum/cream and variety of Rollers and Gua Sha here.