Natural body oils and body lotions are both popular skincare products that are used to hydrate and nourish the skin. However, there are some key differences between the two:
- Formulation: Natural body oils are made up of a blend of oils, whereas natural body lotions are typically water-based and contain a blend of oils and other hydrating ingredients, such as glycerin or shea butter.
- Absorption: Natural body oils are highly concentrated and easily absorbed, which means they can penetrate deep into the skin and provide long-lasting moisturizing. Natural body lotions, on the other hand, may not be as deeply absorbed and may need to be reapplied more frequently.
- Skin type: Natural body oils are generally better suited for people with very dry or dehydrated skin, while natural body lotions may be a better choice for people with normal or oily skin.
- Texture: Natural body oils tend to have a lighter texture and can leave a silky or dewy finish on the skin, while natural body lotions have a creamier texture and can leave a more matte finish.
- Benefits: While both natural body oils and natural body lotions offer hydrating benefits, natural body oils may be better at improving skin texture and protecting the skin from environmental stressors, while natural body lotions may be better at providing instant relief from dryness and itchiness and increase skin’s hydration.
Ultimately, the choice between a natural body oil and a natural body lotion will depend on your individual skin type and concerns, as well as your personal preference for texture and application. Sometimes it’s even better to use both.
Looking for a good natural Canadian Body Oil or Lotion or maybe Butters? Click here to see more.